You can view the blockbusters, live news, hit series, kids shows and more in Philips Roku TV. Choose what you want to watch whenever you like through Philips Roku TV. Besides, there are over a hundred famous movies and TV shows at no cost attached.
Moreover, it offers a simple way to view what you love. You can get things without much effort. Besides, even try to fire up the gaming console all from the benefit of the home screen.
There are options available for fast operation. Furthermore, you can find the channels by typing in the details related to the movie by title, actor or director. You know where to find them through the antenna broadcasts.
Why is My Philips Roku TV Not Connecting to Wifi?
Sometimes the Philips Roku TV will not connect with the wifi connection in your home for various reasons.
Your Roku streaming player will offer you the opportunity to stream audio and video from the internet. You will require a good connection from the Philips Roku TV to the network. Have a look at the troubleshooting tips given here for resolving this issue.
You may see the error messages like “Unable to connect to wireless network” or “Not connected to the internet“. Your device may be unable to connect to the home router or get access to the internet. You will not be able to set up the device at this time.
How to Check the Wifi?
If you would want to check the connection then visit the settings menu on the Roku.
- Go to the settings and then the network option. Check the connection over here. Firstly it will check the connection of the home network. Then it will test the quality of the signal. The second part, on the other hand, will check if you are in a connection with the internet. This measures the speed of the connection
- The problem sometimes occurs if the wireless signal strength is poor. You will be provided steps on the screen to solve the issue
Solve Connectivity Issues
Key in the Right Name of the Wireless Network
Choosing the wrong wireless network name will make your wireless network connection fail.
Key in the Password Accurately
If you think you know the wireless password however it is not working then try to re-enter it. Sometimes you can make a mistake in typing the password
- Check if the router is functioning well
- Try to improve the signal strength of the wireless network. If the password is right and the other devices are able to get access to the router however the Philips Roku TV is not connecting then here may be a problem with the strength of the wifi
- Try restarting the Roku device and the router
Unplug the device for its power outlet and wait for few minutes. Try plugging it back. If the connection between the router and device is successful then the connection will establish
Check the Network Settings on your TV
Press the home button on the remote and then select
- Firstly, setup>network settings>view network settings
- or you can also select settings>wireless and network>view network settings
- or else choose settings>/menu on the remote and select frequent settings>All settings>wireless and networks>wired or wifi>view network settings
- Examine the following in these menu
- The network mode
- The IP address
- The strength of the signal
- You can try the hard reset. The hard resetting option can reconnect the link with the network. To perform the hard reset you have to do as follows. Switch the TV off. Unplug the cords and the others from the TV. You have to wait for one minute before plugging it all again
- Examine the security options in the router. The security settings on the router will prevent the TV from establishing the connection. You have to check the internet port. Then the cloud protection on the router has to be turned off.
- Examine the router settings like the hide/invisible for the SSID. Deactivate this option
- Test another type of connection like the Ethernet cable
For more information on the model Philips Roku TV and the reasons for why is my Philips Roku TV not connecting to wifi, you can contact our professionals for assistance. Call us @ +1-888-298-2680. Check out our homepage Roku.com/link for Roku activation procedures.