How to Update the Software on Roku Streaming Device?
A Complete Guide to Update Roku Software
The entertainment industry has recently shown great development via internet streaming. Times up for all the conventional cable subscription entertainment. Currently, Roku has offered great streaming services for the audience in terms of quality and affordability. Roku has a separate OS to run and its feed is internet only. By just connecting to the internet user can be able to get all sorts of worldwide entertainment. This Roku streaming player runs on Roku software and it gets the periodic software updates similar to a smartphone.
Is the Software Update Necessary for Roku?
Without proper updates, you can use the Roku streaming player, but not for a longer duration. The purpose of the software update is to annihilate the prevailing bugs and any other miscellaneous errors in the previous versions. The Roku OS is designed in a way of automatic downloading the software updates. So, whenever you turn on the device and connected to a strong internet connection, the latest available update will start the download.
What will happen, If the Roku Player runs an older version?
As said, earlier you can use the streaming device, but only for a limited period of time. After that, you are unable to stream the contents as before and there may be problems loading the contents. Especially, the new channels are released to support the latest device models only.
Thereby, it is always better to download and install the software updates at regular intervals of time. Besides, you don’t need to wait until the installation of the update as it runs in the background without interrupting the program that you are streaming.Reach us @ +1-888-298-2680, If your are unable to update Roku software
How to Get My Software Update Manually?
If the Roku player is not used for some long duration, then it is a must to check manually for updates. Also, if you have recently installed any non-certified channels, then a manual software update is quite essential on a Roku com link
Follow the below steps to manually check for the software update,
- In the first place, turn on your device, take the Roku remote and press the home button
- Scroll through the options and select the ‘settings’ option
- Under the settings, tap the system->’system update’
- The system update option shows the current version mentioning the date and time of the last update done
- Finally, click the ‘check now’ option to manually oversee the available updates
- If the update is available, your player will start to download and install automatically
- After successful installation, the device will restart